Thursday 22 December 2011

Tell Me What You See

This exercise was about describing my immediate surroundings using information graphics. I decided to go with an aerial view of my desk and thought that a colour-cooordinated approach would allow me to break down the information effectively, with a key and title to show what the diagram represents.

Given how little is actually said in the image, I'm surprised how much I was able to communicate through a fairly simple layout. I did toy with the idea of annotating each item and providing a second key with more detailed information. However, my aim was to break down the items of my desk into types and categorise and I think I've achieved this with the information provided.

The most difficult aspect of the exercise was actually getting 5/6 colours to work together. I initially went with fairly bold colours ad then remembered something from an earlier module - that putting more subtle colours next to each other works better. I toned down the colours and am pleased with the balance of colours i finally achieved.   

No comments:

Post a Comment