Saturday 14 May 2011

Drive My Car

As a respite from graphic design I've added a few objects whose design I really admire.

Firstly, the Saab 900. I've never owned one but I've always loved the shape, particularly the slope of the back. Love driving behind one of these - a true design classic, even down to the wrap around windscreen.




A modern classic now, the Volvo C30. Love the huge rear window and punchy, compact styling.



Next, my favourite car of all time - the Ford GT40. A fortune to buy, let alone run, but amazing styling. I think it's the combination of curves and aerodynamics that makes it the perfect car for me. Like an erotic bullet.








And to finish a couple of  bicycles. I love the beautiful efficiency of the bike - anyone can be mobile for a few quid (well, a bit more for the Pashley below).


And finally to something I own myself. I love simple design and I think Trek's Soho S is a perfect example: single speed, all in black, easy to ride and maintain - why complicate things?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment